New Covenant Church family, we may be able to offer you some financial assistance as you recover from the flood but we need your immediate input. IF YOU FLOODED, whether you rent or own your home, please take a minute to complete this brief, confidential questionnaire found here: https://goo.gl/forms/m5Mrwh4dZJ9fSuPX2
Join us for a FREE lunch on Thanksgiving Day Nov. 24...meal times are 11am, 12noon and 1pm. Pick one and RSVP to 225.664.0858. RSVP is required to ensure we have enough food and a seat for you!Read More
Good Saturday morning from south Louisiana! There is no LSU football game today so, instead of staying inside and mourning about that all day, come to New Covenant Church and get some groceries and supplies. We have a lot of everything. The public is welcome to take whatever they need off the sidewalk (we are restocking as table space opens up) while New Covenant Church members are welcome to come inside for anything they need that hasn't made it to the sidewalk yet.
- We have wheelchairs
- A gas stove
- A window a/c unit
- Fire ant killer & OFF mosquito spray
- Food boxes.
- Bags of rice with a handle and a zipper on them for convenience...very nifty.
- Cases of stewed tomatoes
- Ginger Ale
- Gloves, shovels, pry bars
- Several varieties of disinfectant such as Microban, Milgo, Milgo Plus, Benefect...all are usually about $35+ per gallon. FREE to a good home today. It kills everything...great alternative to bleach. You NEED TO READ THE LABEL to understand how to properly use and store it and to understand what all it kills.
- As always, we have hundreds of gallons of pre-mixed Shockwave mold inhibitor/killer. It's free to the community. Bring your own sprayer to fill it up, though. We don't have extra bottles.
- You name it, we've got it and probably have lots of it.
Good morning, folks! It has been a whirlwind of disaster relief activity since the last update. Here are some things you need to know:
- We are collaborating with other relief agencies, teams and building supply companies to "strategerize" on the rebuilding phase of recovery. Pray for those conversations. I am hopeful that good things are coming our way.
- If you nails that you need pulled in your home, we can probably help with that tedious task. Let us know so we can try to schedule you some help.
- If you need your house sprayed for mold, speak up.
- We still have lots of supplies here at church. If you attend New Covenant Church, please call or come in and let us know what you need. Fairly soon, we will move these to a centralized DR warehouse.
- Because so many people are still waiting for final word from adjusters or FEMA, we have held off on the update survey to find our your needs going forward. This will come by Monday. It is vital, especially if you have no flood insurance, that you complete that as soon after it comes as possible.
- We are still waiting on some Bibles to come in for those of you who have requested a replacement for one lost in the flood.
- If you need a pastor, elder or deacon to visit you and pray with you, please ask. In all the busyness of cleanup, it is easy to neglect the care of your soul. Let us know how we can minister to you.
- Now is the time to ask for help. Whatever you need help with in your home, please let us know. We will make every effort to get an individual or a group to you to help you.
- If you need a specialized tool for a job on your home, ask. If we have it, it's yours to use. If we don' have it, we may be able to get it.
IMPORTANT NEWS ABOUT CHURCH ACTIVITIES: Join us for worship tonight at 6:30pm; normal Wed activities resuming; fog your house with Shockwave...and MORE.Read More
Need the flood residue pressure washed off your home, driveaway, sidewalks, etc.? Claim your child's backpack; Denham Springs Long Term Recovery Committee is organizing...and MORE.Read More
We will have church tonight at 6:30pm. Patricia will have an activity for the children as well. New Covenant Church members can claim a free filled backpack for school by Friday evening. On Saturday, we will distribute the rest to the public. We have hundreds of them so grab yours today...Read More
We received a large donation of backpacks for our church family. Most of them are filled with all sorts of school supplies. If you can come by this evening or tomorrow and claim one for each of your children, that would be awesome. I will make them available to the community on Wednesday. Come whenever you can...from 7am till 11pm...and MORE...Read More
Join us for church tomorrow at 10:30am. Dress is "disaster casual" as usual. Remember, there will be no Sunday School or normal Wed night services until further notice. There are relief workers sleeping everywhere. If you want to come to church early, we will need some help straightening up and preparing as best we can for worship at 10:30am...Read More
We still need volunteers to sort and organize supplies, clothing, etc. God has not closed this door yet and legitimate needs are everywhere. New Covenant teams delivered food and supplies to residents today who have no transportation due to flooded cars. If you can give an hour or more Saturday, please let us know. Just show up...MORERead More
We have professional tools you need to use if you are cleaning and spraying your home...just ask. FREE / We need some volunteers / Calling all cooksRead More
This is the unedited audio from the Denham Springs town hall meeting held at New Covenant Church in Denham Springs, LA. Visit us online at newcovenantds.comRead More
Fight at Home Depot (true story); Shockwave; Hispanic church; That time a 53 foot long 18-wheeler full of disaster relief goods rolled up to church...Read More
New Covenant Church members, pick up your Shockwave; Town Hall meeting Saturday 10am and more...Read More
Training at 6pm tonight that you will want to attend + FREE mold killer for New Covenant members...READ THIS POSTRead More
Make sure you have completed the form I sent you. If you didn't click the SUBMIT button, please do it again. VERY important.Read More
Good evening, New Covenant family. I wanted to update you on some things....
- *** VERY IMPORTANT *** Tomorrow, I will send you a very brief survey to help us as elders understand your losses and how best to meet your needs. PLEASE take 90 seconds to complete it when you have time.
- To the best of my knowledge, New Covenant Church was the first church in the whole area (by a long shot) to open its doors and distribute supplies and hot meals to hurting people. Even though you are suffering now, your faithful giving provided a place for people to find shelter, transportation, food and clothing. Even in your loss, you have given hope and help to thousands of victims of this flooding.
- Starting tomorrow, our donation center will be open to the general public from 9a-11a and then from 3p-6p. It is ALWAYS OPEN for New Covenant members. If you need to come later in the evening, we will arrange to let you in whenever you need us to. If you come during our "off" hours, come to the main lobby doors. If they are locked, call and we'll let you in. My cell # is 225.715.6149. You are welcome to drop by anytime and see if there is anything you need. *** We have some newer New Covenant church members and some non-New Covenant volunteers helping out who may not know who you are. If anyone tells you we are closed or questions you, they are just following my directions to uphold the rules. Simply tell them you attend church here. We have had to be very stern with some people and our volunteers are being pretty vigilant about things. After the knife fight we had today, we are limiting the hours we are open and our process for distributing goods.
- Don't forget the LAUNDRY TRUCK is here. They got hammered pretty good today. When they are finished, they will have washed clothes for 15 hours. That service is here for you, too. If you can bring one bag or basket each day that might help them (just my observation) but when you get here ask them what works best for them. These Alabama baptists have busted their tails outside in the heat all day. Even if you don't use their services, stop by and thank them sometime. Who would have thought Crimson Tide fans could operate a washing machine?
- There was no knife fight today. Just seeing who's really paying attention. Carry on.
- I've been in contact with incident commanders and relief organizations several times per day. This flooding happened so quickly that it has taken a while to organize command centers, support teams and work teams to come into the area. That's normal for a massive disaster like this. It was some time before even the Red Cross got organized and here. But, help is moving into the flooded areas. Wherever you are at in the process, they will help you.
- COOKS NEEDED: We have already housed about 10 men working in our area. That number is about to go up dramatically as New Covenant Church will house several dozen workers on an ongoing basis. When there is hardly any room in the entire area to house work crews near work sites, God spared our building and has provided a laundry trailer and a shower trailer to enable volunteers to help put Denham Springs back together again. These folks would love a real cooked meal. I'm developing a cooking schedule that I'll make public tomorrow. If you can cook a meal here or there to give back to men and women who are serving Denham Springs, let me know.
Bring your laundry to be done for free. Drop it off and pick it up later....Read More
New Covenant family, here's some important information you need to know...Read More
New Covenant family, please read...Read More