I told myself I would get around to updating you before 10:30p tonight! Amazing that that actually happened. Busy day as usual. New Covenant Church continues to serve the community by distributing supplies, taking applications for help with home cleanup and housing work crews. We are about to go into full-blown work crew housing mode this week. It has taken all relief agencies a week to organize and begin to send teams into the area but they are here and they are working in homes already. We may house 125 people in the next 7-10 days. Praise God our building can be used to bless our community.
Here's what you need to know right now:
- I texted you a link earlier today to update your status. Even if you did not flood you should have clicked all the way through to the SUBMIT button. If you never hit SUBMIT and did not get a confirmation message, please do that one more time and do it now. Here's the link: https://goo.gl/forms/tAtbtCIYOhFAkwCz1 It is critical that you get this information to us. We may have someone call those who haven't responded first thing in the morning.
- With about 42 responses thus far, it looks like 65% have flooded homes. We expect the number is 80%+ when all have reported.
- BIBLE: If you lost your Bible in the flood and didn't indicate so on the survey I sent, please comment below with the type of Bible you lost (translation, what type of study Bible, normal print or giant, etc.). If you want to replace your destroyed Bible with a different type, please give me the same info on the one you would like to receive. I will
- LAUNDRY: Mr. Ed started washing laundry at 7:30am and will continue till about 9:30p. He'll be back at it tomorrow morning and has another crew coming to help him. Take this opportunity to let them wash your laundry for you while you focus on the million other things you have to do. Make sure and tell him hi and thank you. These are such hard working brothers and sisters in Christ who have come to help you.
- In the prayer room, we have some items you might be interested in. If you come by, drop in there and see if there is anything you need.
- One day soon, we will try to tell you all that God has done in sending churches from around the country here to bring supplies and to offer help. It is truly amazing. They all send their love and are praying for you all.