This is the latest update from the flood relief and recovery efforts of New Covenant Church of Denham Springs, LA. Here's what you need to know:
- We will begin sending teams around to pressure wash the flood water lines and mud off your homes. That may begin next week. If you could use a team with a 2800 p.s.i. water eraser, comment below.
- If you have sprayers, pressure washers, fans, etc. checked out, please return them as soon as you are finished using them. Other folks have need of them.
- I was asked to be on the newly formed Denham Springs Long Term Recovery Committee which is organizing as a 501(c)(3) nonprofit corporation. The team has a goal of raising $60,000,000 to rebuild the area and will coordinate the efforts of numerous non-profit agencies, construction teams, etc. I think you're going to be pleased with the direction and mission of this committee. As specifics come into focus, I'll make sure to push that information out to you. Pray for the members of this recovery committee which seeks to glorify God by serving our community. (Todd Whirley)
- If you attend New Covenant Church and have not claimed a filled backpack for your child yet, please do so before Saturday morning. If you cannot get here to pick it up, call Patricia so she can pull one for each of your children.
- There are lots of volunteer opportunities here at New Covenant Church. Saturdays are particularly busy. If you want to come by Saturday between 10a and 2pm, you'll have the chance to meet and pray with a lot of folks who will be picking up clothes, food and supplies.
- I'm exploring the possibility of getting a mold testing kit (and accompanying lab analysis) for members of New Covenant Church who flooded. Before you put sheetrock up, it would be beneficial to see how things are going inside your sprayed home. I'll let you know soon if it looks like we'll be able to get them in bulk and at a discount.